The HorrorFind Weekend Horror Art Show
HorrorFind Weekend is pleased to PRESENT the SIXTH HorrorFind Weekend Horror and Halloween Art Show.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE STRUCTURE OF THE ART SHOW HAS CHANGED. READ ON FOR DETAILS.
The Art Show features drawings, paintings, sculpture, jewelry, dolls and other creative products of dark and morbid minds.
This is a juried show. The jury will review samples from artists wishing to participate in the HorrorFind Weekend
Horror and Halloween Art Show to ensure that attendees
of HorrorFind Weekend will be met with a quality showing of horror, haunted, Halloween, gothic, dark
fantasy and otherwise dark art.
CALL FOR ARTISTS
If you'd like to exhibit your work at the September HorrorFind Weekend 2009, please read the following guidelines and
follow the instructions provided.
By purchasing Art Show panels, tables or Print Shop space, you indicate that you have read and agree with these
guidelines and rules.
The Art Show Rules & Guidelines are subject to modification/revision as necessary. Artists are encouraged to
check back periodically for updates.
If you have been juried into a previous show, you do NOT need to re-submit your work. You may register at will!
NEW ARTIST : GET JURIED NOW!
The Jury Process
Artists who wish to participate in the HorrorFind Weekend Horror amd Halloween Art Show must submit their work for
jurying prior to the convention. Submission does NOT guarantee acceptance.Artwork should
be of general interest to the horror/dark fantasy community, and must display a reasonable degree of skill
and ability.All traditional media are acceptable; unusual art forms, art thatrequires a power supply, art
that is large/heavy, or art that maypresent a risk to HorrorFind Weekend (HFW) attendees will be considered
and reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Acceptance into the Art Showputs the accepted artist under absolutely no obligation. If an
accepted artist decides not to show, s/he may simply not register. Artists need only
be juried once, ever - once passed, artists are welcome to show at any subsequent HFW Horror and Halloween Art Show.
NOTE: Artists who have already been juried into the World Horror Convention Art Show are automatically juried into the HFW Horror Art Show.
3 WAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR ART
- Email a link to your images, web site or online gallery to
Walter Sablotony <<< THIS IS THE PREFERRED METHOD.
Please make sure your links are accurate - dead links won't be investigated.
DO NOT SEND A LINK TO A MYSPACE.COM PAGE, PLEASE. MySpace is not equipped to display your artwork to non-members and, frankly, you can
do better. We recommend http://www.deviantart.com.
- Email no less than 3 and no more than 10 image files to Walter Sablotony.
- Image files should be no larger than 600 pixels in width or height, 72 dpi, and should not exceed 150K each.
- .GIF, .JPG, .TIF, .PNG, .PSD or .EPS files are acceptable.
- Images may be sent in a .ZIP or .SIT file
- MAC USERS: Make sure your files have the proper .XXX file extension for PC-based viewing
- If you send a virus with your images, you willbe blacklisted from future submissions. So be careful.
- If you need to send actual, physical examples of your work, email Walter Sablotony
When sending email, please be sure to indicate the convention about which you are inquiring (HorrorFind Weekend).
JURIED ARTISTS : PROCEED!
Paperwork & REGISTRATION
If you're sure you know what you're doing and you've read all the info on this page already, go ahead and
register and get your paperwork.
General Info, RULES & GUIDELINES
- Participating in the Art Show does not grant artists entry into HFW. Artists who wish to attend the convention must
- HFW is a convention geared toward a dark aesthetic and, obviously, horror theme. Artwork shown in the art show should
reflect that aesthetic.
- Blatantly pornographic, racist or other hate-oriented artwork will not be permitted to hang.
- Off-topic artwork will not be permitted to hang. This is a HORROR-themed convention; artwork should reflect that.
Fairy cats and unicorns need not apply.
- Space will be portioned out on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Photography will be permitted inside the Art Show room. If this is an issue for you, please advise IN ADVANCE.
- There will be no smoking, food, beverages, or bags in the Art Show Room. You will be able to check your bags at the door.
- HFW assumes NO LIABILITY FOR ARTWORK SHOWN. HFW will take every possible precaution to protect each artist's work, but in
the unlikely event of theft, damage, etc., by participating in the Art Show, you do so at your own risk.
- IMPORTANT! Due to the complex legal issues surrounding copyrights and intellectual property rights, the
HorrorFind Weekend Horror Art Show will NOT accept artwork containing renderings and images of characters from movies, TV
shows, etc. We don't want to get sued, and neither do you. You may have a great painting of Freddy Krueger or Otis Firefly,
but you don't own the rights to that image - the movie studio that paid the make-up guy to create them does
(or, the make-up guy himself does). If you're not sure, ask.
- There is a $25 hanging fee per panel. Panel size is 4' x 4'. Limit 3 panels per artist. These spots fill up
fast, so reserve yours today!
- There is a $25 fee per3' x 3' half-table [for sculptural / 3D work].
- Mail-in artwork will be accepted at HFW. Artists who wish to mail their artwork or prints must include sufficient
information and postage for return of unsold work. Artists who do not do so will have 30 days from the close of HFW to
provide said information/postage to secure the return of their unsold work. Artists who have not provided necessary
information/postage after 30 days of the close of HFW FORFEIT CLAIM TO UNSOLD ARTWORK/PRINTS.
- Artists who are shipping their work and wish to have it insured when shipped back must include funds to do so.
It is also possible to have shipping labels, complete with postage and pre-paid insurance, created and shipped in the
package with your work. Check with your shipping provider of choice for details.
- The HFW Art Show shipping address is:
HorrorFind Weekend Art Show
2210 Ridgemont Drive
Finksburg Maryland 21048
- The deadline for mailed-in work and prints is September 15, 2019.
Sales, Pricing & Commission
- There will be a 15% commission collected for all art sold through the HFW Art Show.
- You are not required to offer your work for sale (except for work placed in the Print Shop). Any or all of your artwork
may be marked "NFS" (Not For Sale).
- POLICY CHANGE FOR 2008 : Artwork will now be sold DIRECTLY TO ATTENDEES. We are dropping the Silent
Auction system in favor of a more direct approach. Artists may now simply put the price they want on their work
(be sure to account for the HFW 15% Commission when pricing, though!).
- Payment for sales of artwork and prints will be mailed via check or PayPal within 30 days after HFW.
- Artwork must be presented in a professional manner. Flat work should be matted, framed or both. Your work will be hung
from hooks; please be sure that your work has a means by which it may be hung PRIOR TO BRINGING IT TO THE SHOW.
- Artwork must be original work or limited-edition prints. Artwork that violates copyright laws,
trademarks or other intellectual property rights will not be permitted to hang.
- All artwork should have artist's name, title and contact information somewhere on the back, independent
of any HFW labeling. If an artist fails to properly label his/her work, HFW cannot be held responsible should
it become lost or improperly credited.
The Print Shop
- There will be a Print Shop for artists to sell prints of their work (50 prints maximum). HFW will charge a
25% commission for prints sold through the print shop, and a $5.00 placement fee per artist. Please label your
prints clearly on the back, including price. Failure to do so may result in incorrect accounting of your sales.
- The HFW Horror Art Show will be open during Dealers Room hours
- Setup begins at noon on Friday through 5:00 pm. Artists who can't make it to set up in this timeframe can
setup Friday night or Saturday, if necessary.
JURIED ARTISTS : PURCHASE YOUR ART SHOW PANEL(S) / PRINT SHOP SPACE
Once you're juried, please use this form to pay for your Art Show Fees.
Click the button for the item you want to pay for, which will open a PayPal Shopping Cart in a new window.
You can choose quantities in that window, then come back to this page and click additional items to add them
to the Shopping Cart.
When you're ready to check out, follow the links on the Shopping Cart page.
ART SHOW PANEL(S)
ART SHOW 3' x 3' HALF TABLE
PRINT SHOP FEE
If, while trying to process your Paypal payment, you receive the error message:
"security failure: data decryption error"
it means your browser is not compatible with PayPal's security settings.
Please try using another browser. We highly recommend FireFox for both Mac & PC.
We apologize for any inconvienence/frustration this glitch may cause you.
HORRORFIND WEEKEND HORROR ART SHOW
PAPERWORK & DOWNLOADS
All participating artists who are showing original artwork on panels or tabletop must submit an
Art Show Control Sheet.
Artists wishing to place prints in the Print Shop mustsubmit a Print Shop Control Sheet.
ALL participating artists must submit a signed Art Show Waiver.
These forms may be:
- Faxed to 442-522-9605
- Emailed as high-resolution scans to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shipped with mailed-in artwork
- Brought in person to the Art Show
You'll then need to download the Price Label Sheet page. Each page has 6 labels - print out as many as you need and attach one to each piece of artwork to be displayed (see the Art Show Rules & Guidelines above for explanations and directions).
All forms are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. You can download the free Acrobat Reader HERE.