For over ten years, there has been one horror convention on the east coast with one goal in mind – to take care of the fans. Creating a family atmosphere with celebrities, authors, a huge vendor’s room and other fun events."
We'd like to expand on this concept, and bring you the first annual "Horrorfind Weekend Film Festival." This allows us to screen and showcase up and coming film directors, actors and crew, and the hard work they put into bringing you their fresh outlook on the horror genre.
Our film review and award committee members are fair, impartial, and thorough. Most of all, they understand exactly how hard it is to make a film. They want to showcase the very best that the independent horror film community has to offer - and help them to garner the recognition they deserve.
Our awards consist of the following:
Best Film, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Special Effects, Best Cinematography, Best Screenplay and "Fan Favorite."
We invite all independent horror filmmakers to submit their work. The Horrorfind Weekend Film Festival runs at the same time and location as The Horrorfind Weekend Convention, so the opportunity for your film to be seen by many of the attendees during the weekend is greatly increased.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Horrorfind Weekend Film Festival director, Joe Ripple. You can email him at email@example.com.
Rules for the Horrorfind Weekend Film Festival:
- All film entries must be submitted on DVD or DVD-R. All entries must be NTSC format. Only ONE (1) film per DVD or DVD-R. If submitting multiple films, each film must be sent with proper payment. Please include a press kit, any publicity information, previous awards or reviews.
- No entry will be returned without a SASE or other pre-paid packaging. The Horrorfind Weekend Film Festival will not accept entries that do not have proper postage when mailed to us.
- Short films are considered to be no longer than 40 minutes including credits.
- Feature films are considered to be 40 minutes or longer.
- The Horrorfind Weekend Film Festival will not be responsible for loss, damage or theft of film entries during the shipping, handling or screening process.
- All film submissions must be in the genre or "spirit" of horror, or at a minimum, include horror, suspense or similar plot elements. Science-Fiction, Action, Comedies, Romance, Documentaries, Paranormal, Animation and other works that are somewhat related to the genre of horror are acceptable as submissions. Films depicting actual (or real) violent acts against people or animals are NOT acceptable, and will be disqualified.
- Any film entry submitted in a language other than English must be either dubbed or subtitled in English. The Horrorfind Weekend Film Festival welcomes both domestic and international film entries.
- The decisions made by the selection and award committee are final. This includes counting the votes for the film awarded "Fan Favorite."
- All releases and verification of ownership of rights must be acknowledged on the submission form. Films with distribution are welcome for consideration.
- Entry fees may be paid through Paypal, Check or Money Order. Checks and Money Orders should be made payable to "The Horrorfind Weekend Film Festival." All film submissions should be mailed to:
Horrorfind Weekend Film Festival
9722 Groffs Mill Drive, Suite 109,
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Payment and Deadlines for Entries:
(All entry fees must be paid in U.S.Currency)
$20.00 for Shorts if postmarked by June 1st, 2010.
$35.00 for Features if postmarked by June 1st, 2010.
$30.00 for Shorts if postmarked after June 1st, but before July 1st, 2010.
$45.00 for Features if postmarked after June 1st, but before July 1st, 2010.
$40.00 for Shorts if postmarked after July 1st, but before August 20th, 2010.
$50.00 for Features if postmarked after July 1st, but before August 20th, 2010.
To ensure all film submissions are fairly reviewed by our selection committee, no entries will be accepted with a postmark after August 20th, 2010. In any circumstance, no refunds will be given.